All mods well all but one work, dabbling in first airport build
So the Airport DLC was released earlier in the week and yes I decided to get it. Ironically Neo South Auckland had land set aside for such an airport before the DLC came out. What was not known is the dynamics needed for a new modular airport that can be built from the DLC.
In any case owing to map limitations and the existing city I was limited to a small-scale international airport complete with a museum, and cargo terminal.
Apologies for the washout, South Pacific internet, and OBS were having a moment. I will get higher resolution media later on when no streaming.
As we can see I built a single runway (most of my contemporaries were going for more complex multi runway airports) with the following:
- Classic Terminal set was used rather than modern or ultra-modern sets
- The 345kv and 230kv transmission lines at the eastern end sent underground so as not to conflict with the approach to the runway
- Transit consists of metro, bus and trams. Helicopter services also retained as well!
- Single Runway, dual taxiway in east-west direction (set by Real Time Mod)
- 3 Large Gates, 4 medium gates and 4 small gates. There is apron parking for another 6 gates if need be. Two airline lounges also provided
- 3 cargo gates at the west end
- Aviation museum
- Hotels and Airline HQ provided
- Road access to intercity motorway, and the City Centre
It did take about four attempts to get the terminal placement right.
Of course, more to do as the front of the terminal is a bit sparse and the old tram stop is now redundant. But then again when building a new airport, urban renewal was always going to occur.
The DLC is good fun although I am aware of game performance issues caused by the Taxiways.
One thought on “Airport DLC a Go, First Airport built for Neo South Auckland #CitiesSkylines”
Oh I saw they were releasing a new DLC but didn’t know it was out already! Looking forward to seeing how your airport goes 👍
Comments are closed.